Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Traveling Toddler

Here is a little list I put together for Ruby's top five must-have travel accessories:

1.) The classic Magna-Doodle. This was by far Ruby's favorite travel toy. This entertained her the entire plane ride and was great to have when we went out to eat while vacationing. Plus, it's all the fun of drawing with out the mess.


2.) Sugarbooger Peek-a-Boo Bags. Ruby loved trying to find all of the miniature toys and animals in each bag. This was also great on the plane and it fits so nicely in any carry-on bag. 


3.) Gigglebellies DVD (An award winning one too!). Since we were out of town, I thought I would bring something familiar that Ruby sees often at home. She watched this before bed in the hotel and loves to dance to the fun music and see the bright colors. This would also be great for a plane or car ride with a portable dvd player.


4.) Wikki Stix. These foldable, bendable, and twistable creations were given to us by a restaurant in San Diego. I had always used them in my classroom but never thought about taking them on a trip with us. These are another great tool for kids who like to create and they don't make a mess. Ruby loved exploring with them!

5.) Last but not least, when all of the above fail (which they shouldn't) I packed a secret stash of Ruby's favorite: Mini M and M's. Now I don't let her eat junk food often, but I made some exceptions on vacation.



All of these items are small, convenient and under $15. They all fit in Ruby's backpack nicely and I would recommend all of them for anyone traveling with toddlers. Happy Trails To You!

Ruby's Skip Hop Mouse backpack

No comments: