Sunday, July 31, 2011

35 Years...

Today my mom and dad celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary. Over the past few days I have been thinking a lot about this milestone and I am so proud of this accomplishment. These days not many couples make it to 35 years together. Ever since I was a little girl, I have always looked up to my mom and dad as a couple. Every day they make it work. Life has not always been easy for them, but they get through everything together, arm in arm. My mom asked my dad today what he thought had changed the most since they got married and his reply was simply, "well, your hair is a little shorter." :) Here are some reasons why I think they have stayed together so long:

1.) They hardly ever argue, in fact my mom told me she can't really even remember if they've ever even had a real fight.
2.) They make each other laugh everyday.
3.) They have different interests. My mom loves to go shopping with the girls, while by dad plays a round of golf with the guys.
4.) They both love their families and would do anything for them.
5.) They don't sweat the small stuff.
6.) They appreciate each other and show one another often.
7.) They have complete trust.
8.) They still look at one another like I remember they did when I was growing up.

Lovebirds


Happy anniversary Mom and Dad! I love you!

No comments: