Monday, July 25, 2011

A Beautiful Life...

Today while reading my daily headlines on www.cnn.com, I stumbled across the most inspirational story I've read in a long time. A beautiful little girl in Washington named Rachel Beckwith had a special request for her 9th birthday last month. Instead of receiving gifts, she wanted her family to donate to a charity that provides clean drinking water to undeveloped countries. On her birthday she didn't quite meet her goal of $300, but she didn't give up hopes of reaching it. Weeks after her birthday, she tragically died in a car accident. Although she is gone, her memory lives on in the cause that she cared so deeply about. While reading this story, I couldn't help but feel completely moved by it. I hope one day my little girl grows up with the same giving, generous, and self-less spirit that this 9 year old lived her life with. I am happy to report that as of today her fundraising page has reached $122,192. 


Rachel Beckwith


Check out this incredible story:
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/24/girl-dies-after-crash-selfless-act-inspires-thousands-in-donations/?hpt=hp_c2


and to donate to Rachel's cause click here:
http://www.mycharitywater.org/p/campaign?campaign_id=16396


I'm going to give Ruby some extra hugs!


***Update: Her campaign has now raised over $620,000... so amazing how many lives she will touch!





No comments: