Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dear Parents...

After a long and very stressful eleven hour work day full of rude fourth graders and no air conditioning at school, I have decided to vent a little. I once read an article by Ron Clark about things teachers would really like to tell parents. I had a rather unpleasant situation with a parent today, so I find myself once again reading this article while trying to convince myself that someday these parents will understand. I couldn't agree more with this article and I wish every parent with a school-aged child would read this. 


Here are some of my favorite quotes from the article:


1.) Please quit with all the excuses 


2.) Parents, be a partner instead of a prosecutor


3.) Teachers are walking on eggshells


4.) Deal with negative situations in a professional manner


5.) We know you love your children. We love them, too. We just ask -- and beg of you -- to trust us, support us and work with the system, not against it. We need you to have our backs, and we need you to give us the respect we deserve. Lift us up and make us feel appreciated, and we will work even harder to give your child the best education possible.


To read the article in it's entirety, use the following link:


http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/06/living/teachers-want-to-tell-parents/index.html


It's a good thing that summer break is only 6 days away... I need some serious R&R after this year.


No comments: