Friday, November 4, 2011

Camping...

This week Ruby and I went camping. Well, it might not be what you think, considering I'm not much of an outdoors kind of girl and it's the beginning of November. Ruby has been sick for the past couple of days with a bad cough and a runny nose. The past two nights at bed time, we laid out her blankets on the carpet in her room and camped. 


Instead of lying under the stars, we laid under the warm mist of the humidifier. Instead of a bright campfire surrounding us, we were surrounded by the faint glow of her night light. Instead of listening to the sounds of nature, we fell asleep to her music lullabies. Instead of sharing our tent with wild animals, we shared our bed with her beloved penguin stuffed animal, "Ba" and her favorite doll, "Baby". I can't think anything I would have rather done. I remember lying there thinking, "I can't imagine being anywhere else." I loved our camping trip! I hope she is feeling better soon, it breaks my heart to see her that way. 



No comments: