Monday, March 5, 2012

The Dress...

The wedding to-do list is slowly but surely getting smaller by the day. We have chosen an aqua, ivory, and red vintage color theme. The venue, photographer, favors, DJ, cellist for the ceremony, cupcakes, photo booth, and most of the decorations have been selected. The only thing I really have left to find is the perfect dress. Since I live such an exciting life, my Friday nights are usually spent lounging on the couch in my pajamas and slippers watching "Say Yes to the Dress." It's something I actually look forward to every week. All of these wedding shows keep reminding me that I have yet to go dress shopping, but I keep putting it off for all sorts of reasons. 


First of all, I have this vision in my mind of what I want to look like in a wedding dress and I'm not sure my vision and reality are going to match up just yet. I am and always have been super self-conscious. I absolutely hate being the center of attention, so this whole trying on dresses thing is quite terrifying for me. I'm tempted to go by myself, or maybe I will just take Ruby with me... she thinks I look pretty no matter what. 


Another part of me keeps hesitating because I know in the back of mind I will be wishing my sister could share this experience with me. She would be so excited to watch me try on dresses and give her opinion. She should be here to help me with all of these little wedding details and most importantly she should be here to share this special day with our families. I need to come up with a clever way to include her on the wedding day.  Any ideas? All of these big moments in life make me miss her so much.


I know eventually all of the details will get figured out, but for now I'm going to try my hardest not to worry. I have a feeling it will all work out and be just how I imagined. I need to keep reminding myself that all of these little wedding stresses are silly when you put things into perspective. 


Now, onto the reception dinner... but, not before a peek at Ruby's fun flower girl dress that I recently ordered. I can't wait to see her in this!

JCrew Flower Girl Dress

No comments: