Wednesday, June 27, 2012

This and That...

Updates:

Today I had my millionth (okay maybe the 8th) MRI to see if I have any new lesions on my brain. Good news to report: everything has remained stable, so I will have another follow-up MRI in six months. All night yesterday I was worried sick about the test, but it was such a relief when my doctor told me it looked good. I am so thankful and feeling blessed today!

I have officially made it to week four of my extreme bodyshaping class and I actually survived. The first week I thought I was going to die (no joke), but I am finally getting used to it. Each day I go, I am pretty sure I have never sweat so much in my life. Now I have more energy and have even started to lose a few lbs. I am definitely hoping to stay in the class when the ten weeks is up. I love feeling healthy and the kickboxing is a great stress reliever... I definitely would reccommend this program to others.

Wedding planning is coming along. I feel like I finally have everything together. It's been hard to plan everything by myself, but I hope the end result will be amazing. It's hard to believe that in two short months we will be saying, "I do." I am so excited and looking forward to the festivities.

Ruby and I are having a great summer. Our weeks consist of swimming, going to the library, thrift shopping, trips to the zoo, and playing outside. Last night I let Ruby stay up much later than normal. When it got dark enough outside, we headed out in our pajamas and bare feet to catch some fireflies. We only caught two, but Ruby was in awe of the little glowing creatures inside our jar. We had an amazing time together and she asked me first thing this morning if we could go outside to catch fireflies.

Yesterday my mom and I took Ruby to see the movie "Brave." It was a beautiful movie about the bond of a mother and daughter. It had a great message for kids and I loved the Irish accents and gorgeous red hair! I couldn't have picked better people to see it with. It was a great time!

Finally, this is one of my favorite songs. In college I used to listen to this song constantly. It's amazing, so ENJOY!



No comments: