Sunday, February 12, 2012

One Year...

A year ago today I was sitting in the emergency room with a numb arm and face convinced that something was terribly wrong. After many strange symptoms over the following months and many more MRI's, I was told by my neurologist that I was probably in the early stages of having multiple sclerosis. I have yet to be officially diagnosed, but it is a possibility in the future.


As of right now, I feel pretty good most days. The lesion on my brain stem has healed, so my doctors are just monitoring me every six months with MRI's. No matter what the outcome, I am so happy to have my health now and I am thankful because I know I could have it much worse. I refuse to sit around and feel sorry for myself or accept a diagnosis that might never even happen.


Life is far too short to worry constantly about the future. Since that day, I've been trying to enjoy life and never take a single day for granted. Everyday, I thank my lucky stars that I get to watch my little Ruby grow up. I get to spend precious time with the people who mean the world to me.


Tonight I coincidentally attended a benefit concert for The Multiple Sclerosis Society. It made me smile to see so many people and musicians supporting this wonderful cause. I can't think of anything else that I would have rather been doing on this "anniversary," if that's what you call it.



No comments: