Thursday, October 6, 2011

Light the Night...

Tonight we celebrated my sister's life. We joined hundreds of people in a fundraiser walk to raise money for the National Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It was a beautiful night under the stars. The walk this year was extra special because it was Ruby's first leukemia walk in memory of "Aunt Jessie." My sister would have adored Ruby. Although she never got to meet her aunt, we talk about her often and Ruby will grow up knowing how wonderful Jessica was. We love and miss her everyday. At the walk tonight they shared one of my favorite poems:

After Glow

I'd like the memory of me,
To be a happy one,
I'd like to leave an afterglow
Of smiles when life is done.
I'd like to leave an echo
Whispering softly down the ways,
Of happy times and laughing times
& bright and sunny days.
I'd like the tears of those who grieve,
To dry before the sun
Of happy memories that I leave
When life is done.



Ruby and Hazel

Our team


My beautiful family... we miss you Jess




No comments: