Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day...

Today was my second official mother's day and I have realized something important. I don't need a date on a calendar to feel special and appreciated. Everyday when I wake up to my beautiful little girl, I feel like the luckiest mom in the whole world. It was a beautiful day full of perfect weather, red velvet cupcakes (compliments of Scott), a walk with Ruby in the new jogging stroller (compliments of Scott), and spending time with our lovely families. 

I have many fond memories growing up of my mother... too many to count. Now that I am a mom I can appreciate all the things my own incredible mother has taught me in these 26 years:
Always wear sunscreen
No amount of money is worth being in pain (hence my trip to the emergency dentist this weekend)
A clean house is nice, but spending time with your kids is even better
Indulge in desserts
Patience 
How to love unconditionally
Never lose hope
If you work hard to earn money, you should enjoy spending some of it
It's okay to tell the same story once, twice, or even three times to the same person
And most importantly: life is too short to be anything but happy

I love you mom and Happy Mother's Day to all of the lucky moms! 

Three Generations

My beautiful girl when she was a couple days old

I'm so lucky to be this little gal's mommy!






No comments: