Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring Shenanigans...

Ruby has been as busy as ever. Lately she has been visiting "time-out" for being Little Miss Trouble. I can't even begin to count how many times I've been slapped in the last two weeks. I wonder if Ruby is starting to think that her name is "No." I'm starting to dread the terrible twos. :) Is there even such a thing at the terrible ones? Luckily she is not a fan of "time-outs." After her never-ending minute there, she is ready to hug it out and play some more. It is really hard to get mad at her though when she always has such a cute little grin on her face. I'm blaming it on her dad, from what I hear, he was quite the trouble maker when he was younger too. Or else it's the teething.

In other news...

NEW WORDS: Ruby has been saying this week include: pepper, somebody, nobody, more, bird, and eyes. She also started singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." Hearing her sing is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard.

NEW FOODS: I finally caught Ruby eating her first bite of dog food. I knew this was inevitable though her facial expression told me she wasn't a fan. Last week we went out to eat with my brother at Cantina Laredo and Ruby couldn't get enough guacamole or salsa. She was trying to eat the salsa with a spoon. She loves spicy food.

NEW EXPERIENCES: Playing in her new sandbox has been hours of fun. She loves picking up handfuls of sand and sprinkling it all over. I thought she would try to eat it, but so far she has only tried to eat one rock from the sandbox. My near heart attack scared her so much that I assume she won't be trying it again.

The countdown to summer has begun. I can't wait to spend the summer with my loves Scott and Ruby.









5 Weeks...

No comments: